Saturday, September 5, 2009

Semi-Bullet & Knife Resistant Lamellar Body Armor



Semi-Bullet & Knife Resistant
Lamellar Body Armor


There was a request for additional information on body armor to help the Patriots of the Iranian Freedom Movement. There have been a number of patriots in the Movement that have been killed from gun fire and stabbings from the Iranian security forces. Recently, I posted the information contained in BodyHammer and I pray that it helped the protesters. The Patriots of the Iranian Freedom Movement are incredibly brave and I pray that something from the Help and Hope for the Green has helped helped save at least one life.

We always need a disclaimer, I'm sorry, but though this is intended for the Patriots of the Freedom Movement in Iran, there are stupid others who will see this. The Stupid will not take personal responsibility for what they are given and blame those that gave them the technology for their stupidity. So here it is: Like it says in the YouTube video instructing you how to make the body armor. I accept no responsibility for providing this information and it is for educational purposes only. This video is the property of the maker and they, and I, also cannot be held for any reason, or liability from making this product and using it for in anyway other than for educational or recreational/costume purposes. So don't do this at home, MythBuster's Quote.

Your enemy has technology and tactics for now that you do not have, one day soon that will change, but for now all I can do is offer what is asked of me. I will do all I can, to the best of my abilities to supply what is requested. It was requested that I post find and post something for additional types of body armor not found in Bodyhammer. I have found such a thing, it is a YouTube Video that explains how to make individual sections of Lamellar body armor out of sheet steel and rubber matting. I will let the video explain how to make the individual sections of the armor, but I can recommend ways to link it together like traditional lamallar armor of ancient times.

Definition of Lamellar Body Armor: "
Lamellar armour is a kind of personal armour consisting of small plates (lames) which are laced together in parallel rows. Lamellar armour evolved from scale armour, [1] from which it differs by not needing a backing for the scales. It is made from pieces of lacquered leather, iron, steel or horn held together with silk, leather thongs, or cotton thread. When the lames are made of leather they would often be hardened by a process such as cuir bouilli or lacquering." Source Wikipedia.

The video describes how to make individual pieces of the armor, grouped together it is called Lamellar body armor. I will explain the next step. Follow the video for making each individual piece of armor, but with one major difference and this important. You need to link the pieces together. Use the illustration in the Wikipedia article to show you how to link the lamellar sections together.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Lamellar_lacing.gif

Each piece has sections and as you make them you will need to make points (holes) that you can lace/link the pieces, it is important that the holes of each piece of the individual sections are aligned. The illustration is self explanatory.

Video: How to make (Lamellar) Body Armor:



Courtesy of
SlurpeePerson.

Please tweet @blckpaw if you feel you need more. Bless be you and I will always do what I can to help the Patriots of the Iranian Freedom Movement.

No comments:

Post a Comment